A certificate is executed?

< Previous | Next >

Camlearner

Khmer
Hi

Upon receipt of a certified copy of a properly executed Certificate of Permanent Location, along with the certificate of title, the commissioner shall file and retain a copy of such Certificate of Permanent Location together with all other prior title records related to the home.
Source: http://ga.elaws.us/law/section8-2-182

Failure or refusal to execute certificate:
Section 16. (a) If a person required to execute a certificate required by this chapter fails or refuses to do so, any other person who is adversely affected by the failure or refusal may petition the superior court department of the trial court to direct the execution of the certificate.
https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXXII/Chapter156C/Section16

When we see we execute a certificate or a certificate is executed, what does it exactly mean? Does it simply mean we implement it or it is implemented?

Thanks

• Camlearner

Khmer
    Thank Chimon. But I understand that "to complete" = "to fill out" but "to implement" = "to carry out" but it sounds strange to say we implement a certificate. I find it easy to understand when we say we implement a law and fill out a form. That's why "to execute a certificate or a certificate is executed" sounds strange and vague in meaning to me really!

Chimon

English - United States
    Thank Chimon. But I understand that "to complete" = "to fill out" but "to implement" = "to carry out" but it sounds strange to say we implement a certificate. I find it easy to understand when we say we implement a law and fill out a form. That's why "to execute a certificate or a certificate is executed" sounds strange and vague in meaning to me really!
    I would say that it depends on context. Normally, I'd agree that 'execute' means closer to 'implement' and 'implement' means 'carry out,' but if you read the context of the law in the Georgia example, it seems clear that 'execute' just means 'fill out.' So, it can vary? Sorry that isn't very helpful.

Technically, execute is just a synonym for 'do.' So that allows the vagueness, because 'doing' a certificate could mean filling it out or carrying it out. Depends on context.

Camlearner

Khmer
    Technically, execute is just a synonym for 'do.' So that allows the vagueness, because 'doing' a certificate could mean filling it out or carrying it out. Depends on context.
    Filling out a certificate may sound OK if the certificate is like a form. But Implementing a certificate sounds real strange, at least in my language. We will never say Implementing a certificate [in my country here]. We only say Authenticating a certificate, etc.
    Thank Chimon. I think it's a difference of use of our languages.

< Previous | Next >