A change of heart in a relationship

Super Saiyan

Cantonese
Hi, I want to know if there are any adjectives or words that are natural and are commonly used to describe men/boys or women/girls who have a change of heart easily without using vulgar words. I have searched some ways to say or describe, but not satisfied.

The man/woman is a player.
He is a playboy/ she is a play girl.
She is a femme fatale.
He is a womanizer.
He or she like to play the field.
He is a casanova.
He is salacious. (I have never seen this word before searching online)

Thanks

• lingobingo

English - England
    To have a change of heart means to change your mind, or change the way you think, about something. It has nothing to do with promiscuity.

Super Saiyan

Cantonese
    To have a change of heart means to change your mind, or change the way you think, about something. It has nothing to do with promiscuity.
    I didnt know what to put for the title of the thread. I didnt know the word promiscuity before. He/she is promiscuous. Is there an adjective that can describe a person like/love other easily but not necessarily think of having a sexual relationship?

lingobingo

English - England
    Its not really clear what you mean. Someone who is good at “clicking” with new people, in a way that has nothing to do with sex, could simply be described as sociable or friendly.

Packard

USA, English
    If you want to sound literary, then "Lothario".

From Google definitions:

Lo·thar·i·o
    /ləˈTHerēō,ləˈTHärēˌō,lōˈTHerēō,lōˈTHärēˌō/
    noun
    1. a man who behaves selfishly and irresponsibly in his sexual relationships with women.
      "they are seduced by a handsome Lothario who gains control of their financial affairs"
    Lothario was a character in Don Quixote, a story-within-a-story, about a womanizer. There are other, earlier references to this name, but I not familiar with them.

Super Saiyan

Cantonese
    Its not really clear what you mean. Someone who is good at “clicking” with new people, in a way that has nothing to do with sex, could simply be described as sociable or friendly.
    Thank you for trying to help. Just let say a teenage boy loves a girl or vice versa for a month. And then he loves another girl and break up with the girl when he sees another girl. You say: ‘ he is ‘adjective’. Maybe ‘loyal’ is the opposite word to describe what the adjective I am looking for. He is loyal to her, he is single-minded in a relationship. But I don’t want to use the word ‘disloyal’. Is there an adjective for this?

Last edited:

Super Saiyan

Cantonese
    If you want to sound literary, then "Lothario".

From Google definitions:

Lo·thar·i·o
    /ləˈTHerēō,ləˈTHärēˌō,lōˈTHerēō,lōˈTHärēˌō/
    noun
    1. a man who behaves selfishly and irresponsibly in his sexual relationships with women.
      "they are seduced by a handsome Lothario who gains control of their financial affairs"
    Lothario was a character in Don Quixote, a story-within-a-story, about a womanizer. There are other, earlier references to this name, but I not familiar with them.
    Thanks. But I am looking for a word that is more commonly used. Just a word that is opposite of the meaning of ‘loyal’

Your ideas are contradictory. Serious relationships last more than a month.
    'Fickle' might be a word for what you mean.
    Yes. Serious relationships last more than a month. So the boy isn’t loyal to her. ‘He is fickle when it comes to love relationship.’, ‘He is fickle in love relationship.’ Do you think these sentences sound natural?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hermione Golightly

British English
    Yes, but I wouldn't describe this as 'love' relationships, so I wouldn't use 'love' at all. Promiscuous might be the best word if the relationships are sexual.

Last edited:

Packard

USA, English
    Perhaps "serial monogomist" would work.

se·ri·al mo·nog·a·my
    noun
    1. the practice of engaging in a succession of monogamous sexual relationships.

Packard

USA, English
    Infidelity means that he or she is not monogomous.

And as an aside, men are sometimes portrayed as "wolves" that prey on women.

To the contrary, wolves in the wild generally mate for life.

< Previous | Next >