< Previous | Next >

walkkker

Chinese
In a personal statement:
I will enter an IT company.
I will enter a company in IT area.
which sentence is a better one?
Context:
As for my career aspirations, upon graduating from my master’s programme, I will enter an IT company and take the post of algorithm engineer, striving to become the technical backbone and business supervisor of my department.

Last edited:
  • walkkker

Chinese
    In your previous thread (professional R&D enterprise), you were advised not to use "enter" a company.
    You were also advised to be specific. "IT area" is not specific. (even if you supply a missing article)
    Nothing has changed.
    Thank you.
    1.But i don't know which word could be better?Maybe "work for"?
    2.As for being specific, I don't have a specific company name, just want to express a term in IT area.
    3.As for I didn't reply you in that thread, because I don't avoid any information and don't have a specific company name.
    It's hard for me to explain in English. If I speak Chinese using "I will enter an IT company. " ,it makes sense. But in English, it looks like doesn't make sense. So i don't know what to say if people just point out my mistakes without giving correct answers.
    Context:
    As for my career aspirations, upon graduating from my master’s programme, I will enter(or work for?) a professional R&D enterprise and take the post of algorithm engineer, striving to become the technical backbone and business supervisor of my department.

dojibear

English - Northeast US
    You should say "I want to". Saying "I will" is predicting the future.

An "IT company" is "a company in the IT field". You can use either.

People do not "enter" a company.
    People are hired by a company.
    People join a company (if the company offers them a job).

So you are applying for a job at a company.

walkkker

Chinese
    You should say "I want to". Saying "I will" is predicting the future.

An "IT company" is "a company in the IT field". You can use either.

People do not "enter" a company.
    People are hired by a company.
    People join a company (if the company offers them a job).

So you are applying for a job at a company.
    Thank you.
    Sorry forget to post the context:
    As for my career aspirations, upon graduating from my master’s programme, I will enter an IT company and take the post of algorithm engineer, striving to become the technical backbone and business supervisor of my department.
    So I think we can remain the "will"? I write two sentence:
    "I will join a company in the IT field."
    "I will work for a company in the IT field."
    Which one is better? Or What do you recommend to correct it?
    Thank you.

Glasguensis

Signal Modulation
    English - Scotland
    You can say “will” if you have already secured the post you’re talking about. If that’s the case then why not just name the company? But if you don’t want to name the company then “an IT company” is better, assuming that it is a company whose main function is IT.

< Previous | Next >