A company taxed on the basis of flat rate of income tax.

Hello,
Would you say this phrase is correct? If not, what would say about this one: A company taxed on the basis of income tax flat rate. When you read those sentences, do you get the idea what they might be about?
Thanks in advance,
majlo

• GrandBlank

English/U.S.
    A company would be taxed at a flat rate:
    A company taxed at a flat rate.

If you wanted to use on the basis of, you would cite what that basis would be:
    A company taxed on the basis of hours of service rendered.
    Or better:
    A company taxed (or charged) on an hourly basis.

(Usually a company would charge you. Check for this meaning as well. :))

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    Do companies pay "income tax"? Over here that only applies to individuals. We also refer to "basic rate" for taxes when speaking of the lowest level.

It is translated from Polish. In original sentence the flat rate is an adjective but I don't know its equivalent in English and that's why I translated it using a noun. This income tax has, as if, undergone a process and as a result it is paid as a flat rate. Seems it's more complicated than I'd expected.

Thank you GrandBlank for your input.

timpeac

English (England)
    Do companies pay "income tax"? Over here that only applies to individuals. We also refer to "basic rate" for taxes when speaking of the lowest level.
    American English has "income tax" for companies. (It is corporation tax in the UK).

timpeac

English (England)
    What about A company taxed on grounds of income tax flat rate. then?
    I think you mean simply "a company taxed at flat rate" (US) or "a company taxed at basic rate" (UK), don't you? I agree with Grandblank that it makes no sense to say "on the basis of" there.

I believe you're right, timpeac. However, I need to combine flat rate and income tax somehow. As I said, income tax has undergone a process and as a result it's paid at a flat rate/basic rate while normally it's not paid like this. Maybe: A company taxed at a flat-rate income tax ? What do you say about this version?

timpeac

English (England)
    I believe you're right, timpeac. However, I need to combine flat rate and income tax somehow. As I said, income tax has undergone a process and as a result it's paid at a flat rate/basic rate while normally it's not paid like this. Maybe: A company taxed at a flat-rate income tax ? What do you say about this version?
    It sounds superfluous because companies (well in AE) are always taxed by "income tax". I would take it out and say A company taxed at flat rate. Adding the "income tax" adds zero extra information.

< Previous | Next >