A comparison bentween <facing>, <in the face of>, <confronting>, <in confrontation with>

A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
Hello everybody

I wonder which one of the choices below works properly in my self-made example?

- Everybody migh have a lot of difficulties every day. What is important is, what they decide.....................those problems.

1) confronting
2) in confrontation with
3) facing
4) in the face of

It strikes me that #3 and #4 are more appropriate, while "confrontation" is a bit more aggressive that "facing" in general, but I needed to inquire about it first.

Last edited:
  • A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
    This needs rephrasing :thumbsup:

Do not place comma between a verb and its complement.
    Decide is usually followed by a 'to infinitive' or an adverbial modifier of some type.
    Thank you Paul. :) Just do you confirm my take on the meaning of the four choices?
    To me they all mean the same, just in similar cases (not my specific provided one), #3 and #4 as interchangeable cases can always be used freely. Do you agree?)
    If not, could you please provide an example for me and explain how they differ in meaning?

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    To be brutally frank, the example is filled with errors and none of the options are idiomatic.

It is rather like having your mobile phone crushed by a train and then taking it to the phone repair shop and asking them to replace the screen.

The least worst one is #4.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >