A complex relationship

< Previous | Next >

César Lasso

castellano, España
Hi!

I'd like to know if "A complex relationship" (especially the word relationship) is appropriate in the following context (it would be the title for an article):

Spain and Portugal, a Complex Relationship. History, Literature and Economy.

​Thank you! :)

• lucas-sp

English - Californian
    It's fine and understandable, but it is a bit flat and non-specific. It would help more if the adjective you chose gave more of an idea of what kind of picture you want to paint of the Spain-Portugal relationship in your article.

César Lasso

castellano, España
    Thank you for your replies. I usually use "relationship" applied to people, my concern is if it could be said of two countries.

It's fine and understandable, but it is a bit flat and non-specific. It would help more if the adjective you chose gave more of an idea of what kind of picture you want to paint of the Spain-Portugal relationship in your article.
    The article is not mine, I was trying to help. I guess the reader can get a better picture through the abstract that follows the article. I guess the author means by "complex" both that the relationship was not always easy, but now there is some sort of integration and mutual understanding at multiple levels, which suggests a... hopeful? ...optimistic? future (hopeful or optimistic? which one fits better with future in this case?).

< Previous | Next >