a compromise is in order

• MaraI

spanish- Spain, valencian
    introduzco algo más de texto:

He picked up the candle and held it out to her. “Do not forget this. I would not want you to trip on the stairs.”

His courtesy was unnerving, but she would not allow it to intimidate her. “I thank you, but I have been down the stairs many times, and you will need the light in Mr. Collins’s room.”
    I could not possibly…” Darcy paused, then his face lit up with a smile. “Perhaps a compromise is in order. I will see you downstairs with the candle; then, when you are safely ensconced there, I will return with it ...

Thanks.

classoneguy

English - Canada
    La idea es de compromiso ¿no? A mi me parece que "Tal vez necesitamos encontrar un compromiso", podría trabajar.
    O, "Podríamos hacer (un) compromiso".

¿Qué piensa? No sé lo que suena bien en español.

Creo que estes son unos sinónimos de compromiso en este sentido: mutuo acuerdo, arreglo,
    transigencia

MaraI

spanish- Spain, valencian
    La idea es de compromiso ¿no? A mi me parece que "Tal vez necesitamos encontrar un compromiso", podría trabajar.
    O, "Podríamos hacer (un) compromiso".

¿Qué piensa? No sé lo que suena bien en español.

Creo que estes son unos sinónimos de compromiso en este sentido: mutuo acuerdo, arreglo,
    transigencia
    si, creo que esto último que dices (mutuo acuerdo, arreglo, transigencia) tiene más sentido para mi que lo de compromiso.

gracias ! :)

SydLexia

UK English
    "Tal vez podemos encontrar un camino medio" ??

(the use of "ensconced" is beautiful in the context - a "sconce" being a "candle-holder")

syd

< Previous | Next >