a contract to decontaminate a reservoir in spain, granted...

Leafka

Polish
Hi,

I'm the author of the sentence below:

The investigation concerns a contract to decontaminate a reservoir in Tarragona, Spain, granted in 2008 by Acuamed, a Spanish state-run company that has been accused of fraudulently allocating building projects, charging fees for fixing contracts and inflating contractor payments.

Of course it is a contract which was granted, not a reservoir / Tarragona / Spain :) Is it clear in the sentence or should I reword it?

• se16teddy

English - England
    I don't think your sentence is ambiguous, but I don't think it is particularly easy to read either. I would split it up into shorter sentences. How to write in plain English recommends an average sentence length of 15-20 words.

The investigation concerns a contract to decontaminate a reservoir in Tarragona, Spain. The contract was granted in 2008 by Acuamed, a Spanish state-run company that has been accused of fraudulently allocating building projects, charging fees for fixing contracts and inflating contractor payments.

Leafka

Polish
    Thanks! I did not want to repeat the word 'contract' over and over, but maybe it will be better for the reader.

< Previous | Next >