a corned beef hash kind of guy

Arzhela

French
Hello everybody,
I don't understand at all the phrase up above.
Context : A woman is dinning with a man and she's comparing him with other men she met before. So she says "Somehow, you don't strike me as a corned beef hash kind of guy."
"En tout cas, vous ne m'assommez pas comme ..."
I would like to give a real first try in French mais I really can't, I'm sorry... So could someone help me here please ?
Thank you very much in advance.

• floise

U.S.;English
    Arzhela,

Corned beef hash is not a very fancy type of food (but it can be tasty!); the man she's talking to must have more refined taste in food than some of her other guys.

You don't strike me = tu ne me donnes pas l'impression d'être.....(un type qui mange souvent du hachis???)

floise

NOA64

French
    Salut,
    cela veut dire "Tu ne me donnes pas l'impression d'être le genre de gars à manger de la viande hachée"
    strike signifie ici que cela ne t'est absolument pas venu à l'esprit "ça ne m'a pas frappé ..."

Arzhela

French
    Thank you very much Floise! I understand! In French we say the contrary :
    "J'ai l'impression que tu es du genre à manger des ortolans."
    or "J'ai l'impression que tu n'es pas du genre à manger n'importe quoi.'
    for example...

Arzhela,

Corned beef hash is not a very fancy type of food (but it can be tasty!); the man she's talking to must have more refined taste in food than some of her other guys.

You don't strike me = tu ne me donnes pas l'impression d'être.....(un type qui mange souvent du hachis???)

floise