a corner piece of information

< Previous | Next >

jacdac

Lebanese
Puzzle piece number six was a corner piece: During the period of time between Phillip Michael Deacon getting shot and Stranger 2’ s arrest, Will had found no proof of any murders in the tri-county area. No newspaper reports. No local gossip.
Source: The Cleaning Gold by Karin Slaughter and Lee Child
Context: Undercover detective Will is investigating the murder of a deputy officer by putting together the puzzle of pieces of information that he had gathered.

corner piece of puzzle (information) is a turning point in the investigation, right?

Thank you.

• Packard

USA, English
    I would guess that it lead to two different directions of investigation at right angles to each other. That is a guess. Let's wait for more responses.

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    When you put together a jigsaw puzzle it is very helpful to find the pieces with straight edges, especially the corner pieces, early, so you know the limits of the final solution. I think the author is using that analogy for the importance of the clue.

kentix

English - U.S.
    When you put together a jigsaw puzzle it is very helpful to find the pieces with straight edges, especially the corner pieces, early, so you know the limits of the final solution. I think the author is using that analogy for the importance of the clue.
    So do I. It was a more important clue than some of the others.

< Previous | Next >