A couple of soccer terms


Español, España
Hi, I'm translating a book on soccer coaching into English and I need to find out a technical term (if it does exist in English) that refers to a player from the team in possession of the ball, but not the actual ball holder, keeping a close eye on an opposing player (or a particular area of the field) so as to plan potential defensive tactical actions in case their team loses the ball. Thank you.

It should be something along the lines of "offensive surveillance".

  • < Previous | Next >