a credit acknowledging their cooperation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsen.amiri

persian
Hi
What do you think of:
'... he wanted to remove a credit acknowledging their cooperation. There had been nothing but trouble and delay and adverse publicity in obtaining all the necessary permissions....'

Source: the Book 'Dark side of Genius' by 'Donald Spoto'

Thanx.

Last edited:
  • Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Please provide the context in a post, mohsen.amiri. Members should not have to click on a link and do a search in order to be able to help you. We need to see the complete sentence you're asking about, and you are allowed to quote up to three more sentence. Or, you can instead provide the context by summarizing what is going on in the scene.

Also, please clarify what you mean by "What is your concept of...? What would you like to know? Are you asking specifically about "credit acknowledging?"

Florentia52, moderator

mohsen.amiri

persian
    Again:

Hi
    What do you think of:
    '... he wanted to remove a credit acknowledging their cooperation. There had been nothing but trouble and delay and adverse publicity in obtaining all the necessary permissions....'

Source: the Book 'Dark side of Genius' by 'Donald Spoto'

Thanx.

Glenfarclas

English (American)
    Who wanted to remove what from where, exactly? Who had cooperated in what? What were the permissions for? If this is a novel, where and when is it set?

mohsen.amiri

persian
    It is not important to know who is 'he' and where. I just want to know the meaning of 'a credit acknowledging their cooperation' in this sentence. I think the Cooperation is between hitchcock and the company which he worked with it (MGM).
    And 'There had been nothing but trouble and delay and adverse publicity in obtaining all the necessary permissions'

I can not explain more.
    This is the source:
    the Book 'Dark side of Genius' by 'Donald Spoto' P.409.
    Thanx

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Without adequate context, which two people have asked you for, and which forum rules require, we can't possibly understand the situation well enough to know what "a credit acknowledging their cooperation" means here. I am closing this thread to give you a chance to start over with a complete sentence, the context in which you found it, and a single question about a word or phrase in the sentence.

Florentia52, moderator

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >