a credit of $0.54

sophiasophie

Chinese
Hi,
I am confused about " a credit of" in the following sentence, can some one tell me what it means?

Financial advisors may also participate in a bonus program sponsored by Edward Jones that will
allocate a credit of $0.54 for every $1,000 under management at Edward Jones Trust Company.

Thank you in advance.

• Chez

English English
    It sounds like the company gives you a 'bonus' of 54 cents for every $1000 you have given it to manage. So, they would add this to your total investment. It doesn't amount to that much unless you have thousands or millions of dolars invested with them.

sophiasophie

Chinese
    It sounds like the company gives you a 'bonus' of 54 cents for every $1000 you have given it to manage. So, they would add this to your total investment. It doesn't amount to that much unless you have thousands or millions of dolars invested with them.
    Hi. It seems that the sentence means the company will offer bonus to the financial advisors (their employees), but such bonus has nothing to do with the clients, so I don't understand what you said ("they would add this to your total investment.").
    And, if the sentence really means what I said, I don't know what "a credit of" means, because you can simply say "allocate $0.54".

< Previous | Next >