a critical eye to/towards

malina

Spanish/Catalan
Hi,

I am not sure about the presposition I should use in this sentence

Tener una actitud crítica hacia los estereotipos lingüísticos que reflejan prejuicios racistas, clasistas o sexistas.

Have a critical eye to/towards linguistic stereotypes that reflect racist, classist or sexual prejudices.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
  • elirlandes

Ireland English
    Hi,

I am not sure about the presposition I should use in this sentence

Tener una actitud crítica hacia los estereotipos lingüísticos que reflejan prejuicios racistas, clasistas o sexistas.

Have a critical eye to/towards linguistic stereotypes that reflect racist, classist or sexual prejudices.

Thanks in advance
    I have a critical eye when it comes to linguistic stereotypes...

dinis.dinis

USA/English
    ERRARE HUMANUM EST

I am sorry, Malina, I was being rushed off the computer this afternoon by my wife because I had something burning in the oven and somehow, in my desire to provide you, my dear friend, with a quick response, I misread the verb HAVE in your original question as GIVE so I translated it with LEND -- which would have been the proper correction --in that imaginary case. (I really didn't have time to go for my glasses!)

Luckily, for us, the dish came out better than my answer -- extra crispy but delicious Mandarin Orange Chicken! Anyway, I promise to be more careful in the future.

Regretfully Yours,
    Dinis

malina

Spanish/Catalan
    Dear Dinis,

I was thinking in just forgiving you in case I could taste your dish, but... as think it would be highly difficult, I just say: Bon appetit (and don't worry about your little mistake, I wish that everything in life would be as esay as correcting a word in a document)

Thank you again and ever.

< Previous | Next >