a critique of Western policy

Discussion in 'العربية (Arabic)' started by TryingToSwallowHansWehr, Nov 14, 2009.

1. TryingToSwallowHansWehr Senior Member

British English
    I want to use the expression in the sense of, "Some of the book's themes could be seen as a critique of Western policy towards climate change and environmental mistreatment."

(A translation of the whole expression would be great, too!) :)

2. HBZ55 Senior Member

Tunisia
    Arabic - Tunisia
    بعض مواضيع الكتاب يمكن أن ترا كنقد لسياسة الغرب نحو تغير المناخ وسوء المعاملة للبيئة.

3. Faylasoof Senior Member

Plato's Republic
    English (UK) & Urdu (Luckhnow), Hindi
    I think we can also say it this:

تبدو بعض مواضيع الكتاب كأنها نقد السياسة الغربية نحو تغير المناخ \ لتغير المناخ و سوء المعاملة البيئية

4. ayed

ayed Senior Member

Riyadh
    Arabic(Saudi)
    تعد بعض مواضيع الكتاب نقداً للسياسة الغربية تجاه التغير المناخي والتلوث البيئي

5. TryingToSwallowHansWehr Senior Member

British English
    Thanks to all of you; I appreciate it greatly. :)

6. ayed

ayed Senior Member

Riyadh
    Arabic(Saudi)
    I translated "environmental mistreatment as"environmental pollution".Pollution connotes :throwing trashes, cutting off trees and grasses, fumes and seweage...ect.
    Otherwise,be translated as الإساءة البيئية though fully I, for one, do not like it as a literal translation.

7. Faylasoof Senior Member

Plato's Republic
    English (UK) & Urdu (Luckhnow), Hindi
    Ayed, in principle I agree with your use of التلوث البيئي ! I was looking for something like this but then wondered if I would deviate too much from the original. Seems good in this context so I would go with it.