a CV problem - a trip to London

olive6

Hungarian, Hungary
Hi,

I'm writing my CV in English and I bumped into a problem.
I'm a teacher and I have recently organized a trip to London for about 30 students. It was called "Brussels-London-Paris". Actually, we had a travel agency organize it, yet I had taken the initiative for the trip and i had been responsible for it mainly. How can I somehow include it into my CV? I thought maybe under the subpoint "Interests and activities", but I'm having difficulties with formulating it shortly yet effectively. :)

• Lazlow

British English
    Maybe you could say something like, "In [month/year],I spearheaded a trip to London for a group of students", or "I was responsible for organising and supervising the smooth execution of a trip to London for a group of students".

olive6

Hungarian, Hungary
    Thank you for your answer.
    But shouldn't pieces of information be shorter in the CV?

Lazlow

British English
    In some languages they should be very concise and to the point, yes - but in English I think it's more acceptable to write short passages, going into more detail. If you were listing this information as a bullet point, amongst other achievements, you could write it as above. Or, to be a little more concise, something like this:

• June 2007: Organised and executed a trip to London for around 30 students.
    I think this would be fine... don't worry that the travel agency actually organised the trip, if you booked it and did all the legwork, it's fine.

< Previous | Next >