A date doubt

< Previous | Next >

Maanu

India - Malayalam
We have software deliveries planned on 20th Nov, 25th Nov and 30th Nov. The customer removed a number of features from the original requirements. Hence the last two deliveries are brought forward to an earlier date.

Is it fine to say?

The last two delivery dates are brought forward to an earlier date.

or

The last two deliveries are brought forward to an earlier date.

Please correct the errors in the statements above.

Can you give the alternative ways of expressing the same thing?

• Copyright

American English
    Another thought: "The last two deliveries will be made earlier than (originally) scheduled." On a practical level, those dates are already pretty close to one another... as a recipient of your message, I would be looking for exact dates, as you provided originally. If you go that direction, you could say, "The last two deliveries will be made on 23 and 27 November, earlier than originally scheduled." (As a reader, I find that reading the same month three times is a little laborious. I also like months written out: they're easier to read.)

Copyright

American English
    Thanks!

Does it make it any difference if I change 'will be' in the statement above with 'are'? Can you please explain?
    If they haven't shipped yet, the shipments are in the future, so "will be" would be better. If I used the present tense, I would be more inclined to say, "... are being brought forward...."

You didn't ask, but the more I think about it, "will be brought forward" and "to an earlier date" both say the same thing, so it's slightly redundant to use both. But I leave it to you... it's certainly understandable and I don't mean to be picky. :)

< Previous | Next >