a dead bulb, a burnt bulb?

< Previous | Next >

tphuong122002

Vietnamese Vietnam
Hi my friends,

What &shy;&shy;would you call a light bulb that stops producing light after many years of use or as a result of a sudden increase of the electric current? Do you call it a dead bulb, a burnt bulb or what?

Thanks,

Tphuong

• tphuong122002

Vietnamese Vietnam
    Thank you, ewie and Rover_KE,for your help. I am translating a leasehold contract which provides that the lessor is not responsible for replacing "dead - blown - or....." bulbs in the house. what adjective should I use for the bulbs that stop producing light?

natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    I am translating a leasehold contract which provides that the lessor is not responsible for replacing "dead - blown - or....." bulbs in the house. what adjective should I use for the bulbs that stop producing light?
    Ah, you want a formal word. My normal term is blown (which is already in part of your translation), and my informal term is dead. Could you not just insert non-functioning​?

tphuong122002

Vietnamese Vietnam
    Yes, "non-functioning" is a perfect word for this context&shy;. Thank you so much, natkretep, for your help!

Tphuong

Myridon

English - US
    Thank you, ewie and Rover_KE,for your help. I am translating a leasehold contract which provides that the lessor is not responsible for replacing "dead - blown - or....." bulbs in the house.
    I would think it's enough to say that "the lessor is not responsible for replacing light bulbs" as people don't replace good light bulbs for no reason. :)

< Previous | Next >