a degree-level qualification in Turkish

seitt

English/Welsh
Greetings

Please, how can I say, “I have a degree-level qualification in Turkish”?

What I mean by this is that when I was working as a translator, I took and passed an exam which wasn't a university degree in itself, but which was accepted as the equivalent of a university degree.

Best wishes, and many thanks,

Simon

• Melaike

Turkish
    Greetings

Please, how can I say, “I have a degree-level qualification in Turkish”?

What I mean by this is that when I was working as a translator, I took and passed an exam which wasn't a university degree in itself, but which was accepted as the equivalent of a university degree.

Best wishes, and many thanks,

Simon

''Üniversite seviyesinde/derecesinde Türkçe biliyorum''

seitt

English/Welsh
    Many thanks - that's a very useful start, but it's not just a question of knowing Turkish, it's a question of having a certificate recognized as the equivalent to a degree. Perhaps I may use your helpful answer to suggest a full translation of my original sentence:
    ''Üniversite seviyesinde/derecesinde Türkçe diplomam var.'
    Is that correct, please?

Rallino

Moderatoúrkos
    Turkish
    Üniversite seviyesinde makes little sense, here, in my opinion.

I would simply go for: İyi seviyede Türkçe bildiğime dair / bildiğimi gösteren bir (dil) belgem var.

Melaike

Turkish
    Many thanks - that's a very useful start, but it's not just a question of knowing Turkish, it's a question of having a certificate recognized as the equivalent to a degree. Perhaps I may use your helpful answer to suggest a full translation of my original sentence:
    ''Üniversite seviyesinde/derecesinde Türkçe diplomam var.'
    Is that correct, please?
    You can also use this : ''Üniversite seviyesinde Türkçe eğitimi aldım/Türkçe eğitimim var''

< Previous | Next >