a different angle (literally reading & viewpoints)

CX23882

English - USA
I have written a letter to my girlfriend and it contains a hidden message in the first letters of every line. As a little prompt I want to write an ambiguous paragraph below to imply that one should sometimes "read between the lines" or look at things from a different angle/perspective.

I want it to be ambiguous because the things being discussed in the text (when reading normally) are relating to thoughts that I'd had, and how looking back they could be interpreted differently. So the "different perspective" applies to that. But I also want it to relate to physically reading the text in a different angle (i.e. straight down the page instead of across line-by-line).

(sorry, I don't know if I'm explaining this well).

Does this cover it?
A veces tú necesitas volverte atrás y mirar cosas de un ángulo diferente.
i.e.
Meaning 1 - sometimes YOU (as in the actual reader) needs to go back to the start of the document and read it differently
Meaning 2 - sometimes one (as in people in general) need to go back through our thoughts and form different opinions

• Habanera

Cuba - Spanish
    A veces necesitas volver atrás y mirar las cosas desde un ángulo diferente.
    i.e.

This is a grammatically better way of saying what you say but I don't understand if it's what actually you wanted to say...hahaha

Sorry, just trying to help but I don't really understand what you are explaining. I just corrected the grammar.

CX23882

English - USA
    Sorry, just trying to help but I don't really understand what you are explaining. I just corrected the grammar.
    Thank-you for the help. I appreciate it. :)

I'm trying to say two things:
    1) I'm giving a subtle hint to re-read the first few paragraphs, but to read them "differently" (i.e. to reveal the hidden message)
    2) I'm explaining that after having a minor squabble over something, after re-evaulating it I can come to a more positive conclusion. For example, I take my car to the garage for a service. The mechanic tells me that I need something repairing. I initially think he's trying to con me out of getting work for him. But I can re-evaluate it later and think that what he said was in my best interests.

For example, the preceding paragraphs might be... (sorry, I had to give a poor example rather than the actual text because it's very private - the following is essentially jibberish! :) )

I've been feeling bad about what I said.

Lingualisticly we sometimes have problems we can
    overcome them given time. It just takes time and
    very much effort on both sides. I think happiness
    ever after is just months away.

You said that you were going to go and stay
    over the there but then your friend said to try and
    understand why you said that.

As you can see, it reads as a regular letter (albeit very poorly constructed!), but if you read it again, it gives the message I Love You. In the case of my actual letter, the paragraph I'm asking for help with here follows right on from the paragraphs with the hidden message.

Last edited:

Habanera

Cuba - Spanish
    You need to say then "lee entre líneas", "léelo de una manera diferente", "hay un mensaje oculto", something like that for her to understand. but if you just make the first letters bold, I guess she will get it.

buena suerte

CX23882

English - USA
    Thank-you both. I'm going to hand write it, and I'll probably make very subtle changes to the letter spacing (i.e. neglect to join up the first letters) so that it's subtle but your brain still notices it. And depending on how well the message goes down I can deny it and pass it off as a coincidence! ;)

How about:
    A veces hay que leer entre líneas y darse cuenta por qué las personas dicen ciertas cosas.

< Previous | Next >