A double Don Julio 'plotted', neat, lime, no salt

< Previous | Next >

JuriTerreni

Chinese-China
From TV series<Mosaic>,
A double Don Julio plotted, neat, lime, no salt.
What does plotted mean in here?
Thank you.

• Copyright

American English
    It's worth noting that Don Julio is a brand of tequila. Perhaps it plotted against the man's sobriety. More context would help.

JuriTerreni

Chinese-China
    It's worth noting that Don Julio is a brand of tequila. Perhaps it plotted against the man's sobriety. More context would help.
    There's really not much context. The scene just starts with this line, the bartender says this. They're at a fundraiser.

Copyright

American English
    Plotted also means "to be marked or located by means of measurements or coordinates, as on plotting paper." So it's possible that it's means something akin to planted, as in deliberately placed or situated in front of him – but I'm really stretching there, especially since I don't know the author's style and use of language.

So I'm out of guesses here.

I see that you have "wine" in the subject line, but I refer to tequila. Don Julio is a well-known tequila – and the "neat, lime, no salt" would confirm that.

JuriTerreni

Chinese-China
    Plotted also means "to be marked or located by means of measurements or coordinates, as on plotting paper." So it's possible that it's means something akin to planted, as in deliberately placed or situated in front of him – but I'm really stretching there, especially since I don't know the author's style and use of language.

So I'm out of guesses here.

I see that you have "wine" in the subject line, but I refer to tequila. Don Julio is a well-known tequila – and the "neat, lime, no salt" would confirm that.
    Yes, I thought wine and tequila were the same thing...

SkyeBluu

English
    This is what the man says when he orders a drink from a bartender. The drink makes sense but "plotted" is a mystery. Is the citrus smeared inside the glass or is the glass warmed up? I know nothing about making drinks so I'm putting my imagination to use.

Chasint

English - England
    A double Don Julio plotted, neat, lime, no salt.
    What does plotted mean in here?
    It doesn't mean anything. You must have heard it incorrectly. Was it shown in subtitles? These are often auto-generated and therefore incorrect.

I'm not sure why others are assuming the word is correct. It is clearly wrong.

LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    There is a Don Julio Plata, apparently. That is almost certainly what the OP heard.
    Edit: I see that Loob already suggested this, so there is no need either for my comment or for the huge picture of another variety just above.

Chasint

English - England
    There Are 5 Types Of Tequila, But Do You Know The Difference?
    ... there are five types of tequila are blanco (silver), joven (gold), reposado (aged), añejo (extra aged) and extra añejo (ultra-aged)...
    BLANCO TEQUILA: This clear white spirit is knwon as “silver” tequila or “plata” tequila. This tequila is unaged, typically bottled and packaged directly after being distilled. Some distillers allows the spirit to settle and finish for few weeks in the tanks before bottling. This tequila is in its purest form and features the truest flavors of the blue agave plant since it isn’t aged in barrels. Some distillers call blanco tequila “the essence of tequila” because it offers the most genuine appeal of the blue agave’s natural sweetness.

Our Favorite Year-End Deals Faherty, Dr. Martens, Nike, Bose, And More

< Previous | Next >