a doubt...

< Previous | Next >
  • Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    Lorak.. said:
    What's the meaning of this phrase? ..Left broken empty in dispair..
    THANK YOU!!!!

Hi Lorak, and welcome to the forum :p !!

Please could you give us some context or the whole sentence where your phrase comes from? It would be easier for us to help you.

Thanks!

nmgadb

English - US
    Lorak.. said:
    THANK YOU!!!!

I agree with artella, more context would help. Here is what I gather based only on what you provided:

This person is probably either broken hearted or depressed. He/she has no will to do anything, and feels defeated.

By the way, I think it might be spelled despair.
    -Nathan

te gato

Alberta--TGE (te gato English)
    Lorak.. said:
    THANK YOU!!!!
    Hi Lorak;
    It is a little hard to tell...I agree with the others..we need a little more context...
    I will give you what I think it means...
    To despair..is to loose all hope..so therefore the person feels "empty, hopeless, defeated....
    de·spair (d
    -spâr
    )
    intr.v. de·spaired, de·spair·ing, de·spairs
    1. To lose all hope: despaired of reaching shore safely.
    2. To be overcome by a sense of futility or defeat.
    n.
    1. Complete loss of hope.
    2. One despaired of or causing despair: unmotivated students that are the despair of their teachers.
    despair

n 1: a state in which everything seems wrong and will turn out badly; "they were rescued from despair at the last minute" [syn: desperation] 2: the feeling that everything is wrong and nothing will turn out well [ant: hope] v : abandon hope; give up hope; lose heart; "Don't despair--help is on the way!" [ant: hope]

te gato;)

Lorak..

México, Español
    Thanks to every answer!!

Well the context is the next, the phrase was said by a friend of mine when I asked her how her "sentimental" life was going on... I could have imagine that but the thing is that we had connection problems and the conversation just ended there, so I just wanted to be sure..

By the way, this is a great idea and it works, thanks to the peolpe who works on it
    A bientôt!!

< Previous | Next >