A drunk story

Melikhovo

American English
Hello again,

I recently tried to explain this very popular english concept to my friend in Moscow. I basically said it can be anything outrageous like an adventure or something that happens as the result of drunkenness. Often the next day people will exchange "stories" like: Wow I got so drunk last night I woke up on the roof with no pants"
My question is: Is there a Russian equivalent? She didn't seem to understand the literal translation :(

• Q-cumber

История одной пьянки.
    (Вчера) по пьяни приключилось (приключилась история)...
    Я так вчера набрался, что...очнулся на крыше, без штанов.

Last edited:

Rosett

Russian
    "Напилася я пьяна,
    Не дойду я до дому..."
    (сл. народные, исп. Надежда Кадышева и анс."Золотое кольцо").

Last edited:

Melikhovo

American English
    Thank you!
    What if it is in the following context:
    "Wow two weeks vacation? You probably have a lot of good drunk stories (to tell me)"

Rosett

Russian
    "Ну, и как вы там пили-гуляли?? Есть что рассказать?"

Q-cumber

Thank you!
    What if it is in the following context:
    "Wow two weeks vacation? You probably have a lot of good drunk stories (to tell me)"
    Ух ты, двухнедельный отпуск! Наверно (небось) там хорошо оттянулись? (Наверно оттянулись в полный рост? (Idiomatic, very informal) Есть о чём рассказать?

Last edited:

Rosett

Russian
    Anyone who says that in a conversation would sound absolutely ridiculous. I'm not sure what is the reason you wrote it here.
    Well, you have to sing it, not just say, when you start your drunk story. Drunk people look ridiculous and sound ridiculous, you're right - that is what it implies.

Last edited:

Rosett

Russian
    (Наверно оттянулись в полный рост? (Idiomatic, very informal) ?
    "кто не пустит все побоку, тот в полный рост не оттянется", - introducing a drunk story.
    (Гл.7, стих 1)

Last edited:

Particle

Russian-Russia
    If you want to find the words to begin his story, you can say:
    Ну и ну, вчера напился до чёртиков… (singular)
    Ну и ну, вчера напились до чёртиков… (plural)

igusarov

Russian
    it can be anything outrageous like an adventure or something that happens as the result of drunkenness
    "Пьяные похождения".
    I think it is never used in singular form. But since this phrase isn't based on a story-like word, it doesn't go well with the predicate "to tell"...

"Пьяные байки" is also possible in the right context, but it has wider coverage. It could mean a story about drunk adventures, a story about getting drunk, a made-up story told by a drunk man, etc.

< Previous | Next >