A fost o mare plăcere să te cunosc

• farscape

mod-errare humanum est
    Romanian
    It does sound like something you'd put in a formal letter but it's not unheard of.

In a face to face conversation or even in a letter/email I'd use the form: "mi-a făcut plăcere să te cunosc " or "... să cunosc" if going for the formal/polite version.

irinet

Romanian
    Weaker and much neutral than the one you asked for is:
    Îmi pare bine să vă/te cunosc. (Present Tense everywhere.)

For your title, it's more common to hear:
    a) 'Mi-a făcut o deosebită/reală plăcere te/vă cunosc. (Notice the Present after 'să')
    b) 'Mi-a făcut o deosebită plăcere v-am cunoscut'. (Notice the Past after 'că').

My favourite, which is shorter and equally polite, but the most used is: Încântat de cunoştință.

Last edited:
    Weaker and much neutral than the one you asked for is:
    Îmi pare bine să vă/te cunosc. (Present Tense everywhere.)

For your title, it's more common to hear:
    a) 'Mi-a făcut o deosebită/reală plăcere te/vă cunosc. (Notice the Present after 'să')
    b) 'Mi-a făcut o deosebită plăcere v-am cunoscut'. (Notice the Past after 'că').

My favourite, which is shorter and equally polite, but the most used is: Încântat de cunoştință.
    Thanks so much. but my meaning was actually that I was pleased to meet them (the day before).

naicul

Romanian
    Thanks so much. but my meaning was actually that I was pleased to meet them (the day before).
    It was a pleasure to meet you (the day before) = A fost o placere să vă întâlnesc (ieri). This is if you actually met the person the day before and you want to thank them for a pleasent time together.

< Previous | Next >