a free and spread girl

< Previous | Next >

KokyS

arabic
Hi,
While Alice stares at the mirror to better understand who is she, her reflection metamorphoses suddenly and presents her that she has to become: a free and spread girl. This reflection makes her sign follow her. " Alice, through the looking glass" described the initiatory road taken by Alice to leave the childhood.
What does "spread" mean here please?

Source: Alice, through the looking glass" - movie

Thanks,

• Franco-filly

English - Southern England
    [I think :rolleyes:] It means "expanded" i.e. she had grown, filled out, and so looked wider in the mirror - as though her body had been stretched out i.e. spread out.
    edited having read post #3

Last edited:

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    I think that's cheating guessing.

I don't remember her looking into the mirror and growing large. She drank or ate something and grew enormous, but that was after she passed through the mirror.

A "spread girl" is an unfortunate choice of words, in my opinion. (Spreading her legs in invitation perhaps?:eek:)

Forero

Hi,
    While Alice stares at the mirror to better understand who is she, her reflection metamorphoses suddenly and presents her that she has to become: a free and spread girl. This reflection makes her sign follow her. " Alice, through the looking glass" described the initiatory road taken by Alice to leave the childhood.
    What does "spread" mean here please?

Source: Alice, through the looking glass" - movie

Thanks,
    This does not sound like native English and does not seem to be available online. Which movie of that name is it from?

Andygc

British English
    This is the second thread based on this text. This appears to be a dreadful translation of a text about the film that was not written in English (or has been translated from English and back to English) - I don't see how KokyS can be expected to understand something to translate from "English" to Arabic which native English speakers find incomprehensible.

< Previous | Next >