A fresh and fancy new year.

flor de guik

españa, español
I got a card with the title "A fresh and fancy new year".

I can imagine it's something good, but exactly what?? Many thanks in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Layne2002

Espanol/Ingles
    No se traduce bien, pero como mencionó donbeto, se refiere a un año nuevo con un comienzo fresco.

flor de guik

españa, español
    Ups, I forgot to say that I have the problem with fancy,

fresh, I understand it as renovado, fresco, but fancy... fantasioso it doesnt sound right to me...

Layne2002

Espanol/Ingles
    Quizás podrías usar la palabra venturoso para fresh. Creo que no es una forma adecuada en inglés para referirse al saludo del año nuevo, ni en español si lo traducimos literalmente.

Mexico RV'er

English - USA
    The words alone don't make a lot of sense, but perhaps there is a picture or cartoon on the card that gives its meaning.

Mexico RV'er

English - USA
    After seeing the card, I can only assume, since the card itself is a bit fancy, that the creator of the card is playing a bit with the word and is wishing you a very special New Year. This is not something we would commonly say, but it certainly is meant to be a good thing.

flor de guik

españa, español
    If I had to translate it, could I say something like ¿2012, un año renovado y fascinante/con encanto.?
    Many thanks for helping me!!

Mexico RV'er

English - USA
    Perhaps something like, "un año renovado y elaborado/elegante." Honestly, I just don't know precisely what the sender means. Your ideas may be better than mine.

< Previous | Next >