a friend / one friend

gothicpartner

Spanish
I often see these kinds of grammatical constructions. Could explain me what is the difference between they?. for example:

I went to cinema with a friend of mine
I went to cinem with one friend of mine
I went to cinema with one of my friends
I want to cinema with my friend
They mean the same??

She is a friend of mine= she is my friend= she is one of my friends= she is a friend of mine??

I hope to visit them some day= I hope to visit them a day
You will go over there with me a day= you will go over there with me some day?

• gramatica

Banned
    USA English
    I often see these kinds of grammatical structures. Could explain me what is the difference between they?. for example:=I often see these kinds of grammar structures. Could someone explain to me what the difference is?=Me podria explicar alguien lo que es la diferencia? Coul you explain to me what the difference is between them?/Me podrian explicar lo que es la diferencia?

I went to the cinema with a friend of mine/I went to the movies(You can also say movies) with a friend of mine.=Fui al cine con un amigo mio
    I went to the cinema with one friend of mine=Fui al cine con un amigo mio
    I went to the cinema with one of my friends=Fui al cino con uno de mis amigos
    I want to the cinema with my friend=Fui al cine con mi amigo
    They mean the same?? :confused: =Do they mean the same thing?/Significan lo mismo? They basically mean the same thing.

I hope to visit them some day= Espero visitarlos algun diaI hope to visit them a day=I hope to visit them for a day=Espero visitarlos (por) un dia/I hope to visit them one day-Espero visitarlos un dia
    You will go over there with me a day= you will go over there with me some day=Iras alla conmigo algun dia you will go over there with me one day=Iras alla conmigo un dia

Espero que esto te sirva
    Traduci las frases bien?
    Saludos

gothicpartner

Spanish
    Could someone explain to me what the difference is?=Me podria explicar alguien lo que(cuál) es la diferencia? Could you explain to me what the difference is between them?/Me podrian explicar cuál lo que es la diferencia?

I went to the cinema with a friend of mine/I went to the movies (You can also say movies) with a friend of mine.=Fui al cine con un amigo mio
    I went to the cinema with one friend of mine=Fui al cine con un amigo mio
    I went to the cinema with one of my friends=Fui al cine con uno de mis amigos
    I want to the cinema with my friend=Fui al cine con mi amigo

They mean the same?? :confused: =Do they mean the same thing?/Significan lo mismo? They basically mean the same thing.

Espero que esto te sirva
    Traduci las frases bien?
    Saludos
    It is the first time that somebody corrects me in writting:
    Can/Could you explain me? Podrías explicarme.
    I used always it as transitive verb, that is, without " to"
    But now I see that I also can use it with " to" -- could you explain to me?

well. Thanks for help me!

Regards!

MonaArg

Argentina-Spanish
    I often see these kinds of grammatical constructions. Could explain TO me what the difference AMONG between theM is? for example:
    (Between: when you're dealing with 2 alternatives/choices
    Among: more than 2)

1. I went to cinema with a friend of mine:tick:
    2. I went to cinem with one friend of mine.-->It sounds odd. There's no need to use "one" unless you're making a contrast with: 1, not 2 or 3. Like give me a book vs. give me one book
    3. I went to cinema with one of my friends:tick:
    4. I went to cinema with my friend:tick:

1 and 3 mean the same
    4 tends to imply that you only have one friend. You could also say: I went to the cinema with my friend María.

I hope to visit them some day:tick: I hope to visit them a day:cross: -->I've never heard this one
    You will go over there with me a day:cross: You will go over there with me some day :tick:
    Hola,
    I hope my explanation is clear. If not, keep asking.
    Bye,

gramatica

Banned
    USA English
    Gothicpartner-

It is the first time that somebody corrects me in writting:=This is the first time someone corrected my writing
    Can/Could you explain me? Podrías explicarme. Could you explain me is not correct. You have to put the "to" in the sentence.
    I used always it as transitive verb..=I always used it as a transitive verb...

well. Thanks for help me!=thanks for helping me

Your welcome
    Regards!

< Previous | Next >