A German curse

poetsong

USA, English
My Grandfather as a child told me a word that he said was a German curse (not a profanity a curse). I want to know if there is such a word (or maybe even words) are there long compound words in German that are a curse.

• Jana337

čeština
    Welcome! :)

Can you be more specific? Like in other languages, German has a lot of expletives. Do you remember its sound?

Long compound words - by their nature, curse words need to be crisp and short. You can craft a long word that will offend someone but I strongly doubt compounds can be found among expletives.

Lykurg

German
    Was your grandfather German or had he been to Germany? If so, do you know where he had been? There are huge regional variations...

poetsong

USA, English
    By a curse, I mean a like "may-you-die" or something like that. It was not a profanity.

My Grandfather is not German it is something he says he heard when he was in Germany following WW2.

About which one he said it meant something like may the ground be barren or something like that. Is anything like what he said possible. In German could you say a complete curse with a single compound word and what would be an example of such a word?

< Previous | Next >