A government spy feeling the Russians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glammer4true

italian
Hello everyone. I'm trying to understand this line from the script of the movie "A beautiful mind" with Russel Crowe, directed by Ron Howard in 2001: "

Which is more likely, that your husband, a mathematician with no military training, is a government spy feeling the Russians...Or that he has lost his grip on reality?"

What “feel” means in this sentence? Does it mean "feel out", as "to try to get information from someone or from a situation without asking direct questions"?

Here's the link to the Cambridge dictionary feel someone/something out

Is it right in the link I posted, or is there some more informal/colloquial explanation to it? Thank you all in advance for your attention, and have a good day (and a good 2022)

<Edited by moderator (Florentia52) for readability and to remove unwarranted capitalization>

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Myridon

English - US
    This is from a transcript created by a fan. These are often full of mistakes. They are often done by non-native speakers or people with too much time on their hands. I once thought it would be fun to transcribe a movie, but it took me about an hour to get the first five minutes correctly transcribed so I gave up. ;)
    A Beautiful Mind II

Status
    Not open for further replies.