A happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Ieuan, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Ieuan New Member

Rabat, Morocco
    English - southern British
    For many years I've been wishing my (anglophone) friends a 'happy, healthy and prosperous New Year'.

I've tried translating this to french, and the best that I can manage (so far) is:

'Tous mes meilleurs voeux pour un heureux, saine et prospère nouveaux année!'

Which just doesn't sound right! Any suggestions? (I'd prefer the stress on 'happy, healthy and prosperous', rather than on 'new year', but I fear in french the 'nouveaux année has to come first, which rather shifts the stress to that..... or perhaps I'm wrong on that one.).

2. Gutenberg

Gutenberg Senior Member

Province de Québec, Canada
    français international
    Peut-être :
    Tous mes meilleurs voeux pour une nouvelle année de bonheur, de santé et de prospérité !

3. wellugt New Member

Paris - France
    French - France
    Tous mes meilleurs vœux de santé, de bonheur et de prospérité pour la/cette nouvelle année

Thus, the stress is on "santé, bonheur et prospérité", I changed bonheur-santé-prospérité to santé-bonheur-prospérité because it sounds better to me...

4. Ieuan New Member

Rabat, Morocco
    English - southern British
    Many thanks, wellugt, and all others. I'll put the phrase 'in a safe place', and use it lots at the end of the year!