a haven of their arms

Darjana

Russian
Hi, everyone.

Could you tell me the meaning of the expression?
It's something like feel the hand of God/ the universe?
=*=

Context:

"The universe fights, long and hard every ticking minute to find the right people, who must cross the right paths to meet you. I am sure, it does not wait, nor retaliate at the thought of lost lovers who are meant to be together. It does not wait a couple of hours because it can miss the best first kiss after so much waiting. In never delays in the person who will sit and sip hot tea with you, and finally let you feel, the emotion, the regret, worry, and human suffering in a haven of their arms."
(Stop Worrying, The Universe Is On Our Side)

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    The Universe never delays [in doing what I have just said] in [=when it acts through] the person who will sit and sip hot tea with you, and finally let you feel[no comma] the emotion, the regret, worry, and human suffering in their arms which are a refuge for you (i.e. a haven)."

Darjana

Russian
    PaulQ, great! thanks a lot for a quick and detailed answer :)

I was just confused by the word "haven" in the sentence - it usually has a positive connotation,
    but the text speaks of negative feelings: "the regret, worry, and human suffering" :confused:
    It's just strange o_O

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    You have misunderstood. A haven (of their arms) is a safe and secure place in which you may find some relief from the emotion, the regret, worry, and human suffering (of the world.)

let you feel[no comma] the emotion, the regret, worry, and human suffering inside and whilst under the protection of their arms"

Darjana

Russian
    You have misunderstood. A haven (of their arms) is a safe and secure place in which you may find some relief from the emotion, the regret, worry, and human suffering (of the world.)
    Now everything fell into place :tick::thumbsup: :rolleyes: :) Thank you very much!

< Previous | Next >