a huge price diverge

< Previous | Next >

Jin akashini

vietnamese
Hi every one,

I would like to ask you the meaning of the phrase "a huge price diverge", below is the context:

"You could see a spike in prices in tether-only bitcoin exchanges. So, on those exchanges only you will see a run up in price compared to the bitcoin exchanges that actually work with actually money. So you would see a huge price diverge as people see that only way they can turn tether into real money is to buy other cryptocurrency then move to another exchange. That is a bank run".

The sentence above is from an article on the techcruch, here is the link:
All you need to know about tether, the cryptocurrency that could have a 'devastating' effect on bitcoin

Thanks and regards,

• Uncle Jack

British English
    The person is writing carelessly. 'Actually money' is definitely wrong, so I think we can say that 'diverge' is an error for 'divergence' rather than a new new use of 'diverge' as a noun. It clearly means 'divergence', either way.

Jin akashini

vietnamese
    The person is writing carelessly. 'Actually money' is definitely wrong, so I think we can say that 'diverge' is an error for 'divergence' rather than a new new use of 'diverge' as a noun. It clearly means 'divergence', either way.
    Thanks, I got it.

< Previous | Next >