a huge shop front

< Previous | Next >

quietdandelion

Banned
Formosa/Chinese
Stepping Stone Bookstore has a big signboard and huge shop front. There are four floors in the store.

Do the parts in bold make sense? Should I change them into huge facade and There are four staircases in the store respectively? Thanks.

• Haylette

UK, English
    "huge shop front" and "there are four floors in the store" sound perfectly natural to me. You should keep them as they are.

cmonsour

USA, English
    Just a little note -- I'm not sure what variety of English you're teaching, but in American English we'd usually say "storefront" rather than "shop front." "Shop front" sounds strange to me, but the Google hits for it are mostly from UK sites, so it must be one of those things we and the Brits disagree on. :)

sanjaymishra41

english
    Stepping Stone Bookstore has a big signboard and huge shop front. There are four floors in the store.

Do the parts in bold make sense? Should I change them into huge facade and There are four staircases in the store respectively? Thanks.
    I think if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You don't need to waste money on the installation of new shopfronts.

< Previous | Next >