A hundred miles feelin' from the picture smile

< Previous | Next >

BlackRaven

Hungary, Hungarian
Hello

I'm having some trouble understanding some of the lines in this song (Flo Rida - Good Feeling). I checked them on a number of websites that deal with song lyrics but every page seems to have a different version. I don't think this is a matter of being a native speaker, just whether you're lucky enough to have the ears to hear what's going on.

Here's a link to a version that seems to be the most accurate: http://www.metrolyrics.com/good-feelin-lyrics-flo-rida.html

The line that I'd like to get your views on is:

A hundred miles feelin' from the picture smile

Or: http://rapgenius.com/Flo-rida-good-feeling-lyrics#lyric

A hundred miles going till them b*****s smile

There are other parts that I can't really make out but this is the one that I'm dying to understand so I won't post more for now. :D

Last edited:
  • Hau Ruck

English - U.S.
    You will have alot of trouble with this song's lyrics. Most people over the age of 40 in the native english speaking community will as well.

The whole gist of this song is about him being (in his own mind at least) amazingly powerful, good with women, blessed with lots of money and partying non-stop. It's just a song about him telling everyone that he has money, fame, women and the party life.

I've always "heard" the line in question as being "A hundred miles going til them bitches smile". This line, to me, refers to him physically going 100 miles per hour in his expensive car. In doing so, he turns the women on that are riding with him.

Each and every line refers to either drinking, sex or money/fame.

BlackRaven

Hungary, Hungarian
    You will have alot of trouble with this song's lyrics. Most people over the age of 40 in the native english speaking community will as well.

The whole gist of this song is about him being (in his own mind at least) amazingly powerful, good with women, blessed with lots of money and partying non-stop. It's just a song about him telling everyone that he has money, fame, women and the party life.

I've always "heard" the line in question as being "A hundred miles going til them bitches smile". This line, to me, refers to him physically going 100 miles per hour in his expensive car. In doing so, he turns the women on that are riding with him.

Each and every line refers to either drinking, sex or money/fame.
    I prefer to think of it as a motivational song, it's great to listen to before going to the gym. But anyway, it's not the message of the song I don't understand but rather some words or this particular line. I found another lyrics website that suggests "a hundred miles coming from the pitchers mound", a baseball reference. Any thoughts on this one?

Hau Ruck

English - U.S.
    Yes it's a very motivational song in it's "sound". I listen to it during my workouts as well :)

"A hundred miles coming from the pitchers mound" could very well be the lyric. If that were the case, it refers to a 100 mile per hour pitch thrown from a pitcher in baseball. The whole song is talking about living large and in excess. A 100 mile per hour pitch is essentially the upper range of what the best baseball pitcher can throw.

< Previous | Next >