a (job) card?

Yichen

Chinese
Hello everyone,

How do you call the card?
I mean the one we usually see staff members wear when at work.

"A job card" or something else?

Thank you.

• Gwan

New Zealand, English
    It depends what you mean. "A name badge" if it basically just gives their name and job title. Their "ID" (identification) would probably be something a bit more elaborate - with a photograph, for example. Or are you talking about the sort of RFID cards that open doors and so on?

Gwan

New Zealand, English
    Sorry, Radio Frequency Identification - the contactless cards that you might hover over a reader to open a door, or to pay for certain things (an Oyster card on the London tube, for example). They have lots of uses...

Yichen

Chinese
    The card I mean usually contains a photo, a name and a job title as well as the department an employee belongs to, and here I want to know especially what this kind is called--- the one that is usually hung on one's neck.
    For example, I am employed by an exihibition center for a period of time. With this card, I look like (though I am) an employee of this center and I can go in or out of this center freely.

Last edited:

Gwan

New Zealand, English
    The card I mean usually contains a photo, a name and a job title as well as the department an employee belongs to, and here I want to know especially what this kind is called--- the one that is usually hung on one's neck .
    I would call that their (employee/staff) ID card.

< Previous | Next >