A life supply of waving my private parts at your aunties.

What is the French term for "life supply," as in "I won a life supply of spam from last week's sweepstakes!"

I need to know how to say "I wave my private parts at your aunties," which I'm sure I can say, but I need the two combined into "You have won a life supply of me waving my private parts at your aunties."

The of me waving is the part I get stuck on.

Thanks! :)

• JeanDeSponde

France, Français
    I won't ever dare asking you why you would need to translate such a sentence.

Of course, no word-for-word translation would do (if someone proves me contrarywise, he has won a life... ok, drop it)

Tu viens de gagner mes couilles sous le nez de ta tante jusqu'à sa mort.

(I'm wild guessing the life supply refers to your aunties'...)

LaurentK

France, FrançaisIrlandais
    I won't ever dare asking you why you would need to translate such a sentence.

Tu viens de gagner mes couilles sous le nez de ta tante jusqu'à sa mort.
    J'aime cette traduction qui apporte la fantaisie et une fraîcheur surréaliste qui manque si cruellement à l'original ;).

Hmm ... I am appeased, but some of the intended meaning of the sentence is lost through translation.

"you" is the one winning the "life supply" (what is the French term for that?). The "life supply" is a copious quantity of me waving my private parts at you's aunties, that is to say that it is this action, not the aunties or the private parts themselves, that constitute the content of the life supply.

Life supply = a supply of anything that will last the lifetime of the person who has received it. A life supply of spam, a life supply of Meshemee pushers, etc. It is imperative that I know the French term for life supply above all else.

JeanDeSponde

France, Français
    Well - were the aunties to die before you do, where would be the point of a life supply then?...

Life supply is réserve à vie, provision à vie - but it is more often translated as à vie, or pour la vie (without réserve / provision), as in a life supply of cigarettes = des cigarettes pour la vie.

And I think I had understood that *you* were the winner, not your aunties...!!

Now, if you knew my own auntie, you'd better wear kevlar underwears before playing this game:D

No one's dying! How did I imply that anyone was going to die? :S

1. "You" are winning the life supply.
    2. That which they are winning a life supply of: me waving my private parts.
    3. Those at whom I am waving my private parts: your aunties.

Thus, "You have won a life supply of me waving my private parts at your aunties."

wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    No one's dying! How did I imply that anyone was going to die? :S

1. "You" are winning the life supply.
    2. That which they are winning a life supply of: me waving my private parts.
    3. Those at whom I am waving my private parts: your aunties.

Thus, "You have won a life supply of me waving my private parts at your aunties."
    pplm, I think you are missing the point. Do you want to wave whatever (is that a Canadian tradition?--I thought it was too cold up there most of the time to wave whatever parts in whatever direction!). If your aunties are dead, why would you want to pursue this?

Maybe try to think more broadly in a way that would make sense in a French mindset.

Tu as la chance ! Je t'emmerderai le reste de ta vie... (bof)

My aunties aren't dead! Nobody's aunties are dead! And I never implied that anyone was dead, roffel.

Well, it's pretty warm now ... not cold enough for anything to freeze.

I just want a translation of the line "you win a life supply of me waving my private parts at your aunties," who are still alive.

wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    My aunties aren't dead! Nobody's aunties are dead! And I never implied that anyone was dead, roffel.

Well, it's pretty warm now ... not cold enough for anything to freeze.

I just want a translation of the line "you win a life supply of me waving my private parts at your aunties," who are still alive.
    that must be Newfie for something else in any language. My (and everyone else's) poor aunties! I think I can't help you on this anymore--maybe just leave it en V.O.!

Cath.S.

français de France
    Let me revive this old thread. :D
    Bravo, tu as gagné : je vais faire tressauter mes bijoux de famille devant tes tantes jusqu'à la Saint Glinglin !

< Previous | Next >