a limp dick

Sherlockian

Korean
A teenage girl says like this in British Drama 'The Town'

"He's a total limp dick, the sort you'd spit in the face and he'd like it."

I copied this sentence from an English subtitle
so I'm not sure that's perfectly the same as she said, anyway, what is this mean?
It sounds like an insult but I don't know what it means exactly..

• PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Dick = penis.

"He's a total limp dick..." = He is completely subservient. / He has no strength of character.

Sherlockian

Korean
    Dick = penis.

"He's a total limp dick..." = He is completely subservient. / He has no strength of character.
    Thank you! but subservient is a very unfamiliar word to me.. :( then it can be also spoken 'He is very weak and indecisive' too?

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Thank you! but subservient is a very unfamiliar word to me.. :(
    Open the dictionary! Learn and use the word! :D
    then it can be also spoken Is it possible to say, 'He is very weak and indecisive' too instead?
    Those are a couple of the negative attributes that he will have. They do not convey the whole meaning, but a good part of it.

Sherlockian

Korean
    Open the dictionary! Learn and use the word! :DThose are a couple of the negative attributes that he will have. They do not convey the whole meaning, but a good part of it.
    Wow thanks for your correction :) I searched the word and it's still unclear.. ah, considering the second sentence, does it just mean the original meaning of 'subservient'? Literally? It means He'd do anything to make a good impression on her?

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Wow thanks for your correction :) I searched the word and it's still unclear.. ah, considering the second sentence, does it just mean the original meaning of 'subservient'? Literally? It means He'd do anything to make a good impression on her?
    Yes, and on anyone else as well. Basically, she expects more from a man - someone who will be decisive, authoritative, positive, someone with his own ideas; this is not him.

exgerman

NYC
    English but my first language was German
    He's a dishrag. He lets her walk all over him. He won't stand up to her. She can wrap him around her little finger.

Or, literally: he has erectile dysfunction.

< Previous | Next >