A line skirt

Hotmale

Polish
Hello

what is the Polish word for an A line skirt?

It is a skirt that is usually knee-length and when worn takes on the shape of the letter A.

Thank you

• Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    I don't think there's any specific name in Polish, though, I'm surely not an expert in this "realm".

How about:
    spódnica
    or perhaps:
    rozszerzana spódnica.

Tom

Hotmale

Polish
    Hi,
    I am not sure though if rozszezana spódnica always takes on the shape of A, but I am not an expert either ;)

Thanks for your idea.

Cheers,
    H

tkekte

Russian/Israel
    What about spódnica w kształcie litery A. :p Ale to A nie jest A dokładnie, a bardziej nieco jak zwężone z góry H.

roseto

Poland Polish
    We say: spódnica do kolan, rozszerzana or spódnica w kształcie litery A ( less used but very accurate) or...spódnica do kolan, rozszerzana, w ksztalcie litery A

Hotmale

Polish
    Hi Roseto and thank you for your reply :)

I googled the word and I found "rozkloszowana", could this be it?

Cheers,
    H

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    According to PWN, this might be the word you're looking for.
    It can look like this, which is a bit of a streach of an A-shaped dress to my mind; or like this, this, this, this, sleeves can also be rozkloszowane like here.

The word isn't something you can hear in an everyday conversation, I see it first time, I must admit. :)

Tom

Hotmale

Polish
    According to PWN, this might be the word you're looking for.
    It can look like this, which is a bit of a streach of an A-shaped dress to my mind; or like this, this, this, this, sleeves can also be rozkloszowane like here.

The word isn't something you can hear in an everyday conversation, I see it first time, I must admit. :)

Tom
    Gee, Thomas, thanks a lot mate :)
    Frankly speaking, it was in the morning that I first heard about this word :D.

Cheers,
    H

roseto

Poland Polish
    "rozkloszowana" sounds great, what a shame I haven`t put it here :(
    spódnica rozkloszowana, do kolan and there`s no need to say A line ( w kształcie litery A)