a little bit of that box

Hien Pham

Vietnamese
Hi,

The below context below to the "Chop Shop" and I hope you can help me with it. Those words are so hard for me to get it.
The car thief - Porter was released from the prison after a long time. His partner came to pick him up and drove to the Mexican food shop and the story happened after that as below:

- I got some fun stuff to set up for us tonight. Got some honeys and a little bit of drink. You know. You know how it is. A little bit of that box. I know you could you some of that.
- I can't man.

Thank you in advance!

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    It seems as if you are writing something that was said and that there are mistakes in the example:

Got some honeys [i.e. girls] and a little bit of drink. You know. You know how it is - "A little bit of that box..." - I know you could you use some of that.

"A little bit of that box..." is taken from the context of choosing a mixture of things, e.g. types of donut. The individual types of donut are in separate boxes, and so, when choosing which donuts you want, you point to the box containing the type you want and say "I'll have two from that box, and three from that box and another two from that box, and some from that box."

Hien Pham

Vietnamese
    It was my wrong typing "you". But for "A little bit of that box, huh?" is the full sentence spoken out. What you explained was very clear. But girls, drink and the type of donut, they still make me confused.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Honeys is slang for "attractive young women".

In "A little bit of that box, huh?, "huh?" is a tag question and "A little bit of that box" = "that sort of thing"

kentix

English - U.S.
    Me, too. (probably)

It's a little vague the way it's said ("that box" sounds odd) but "box" is a euphemism for "vagina" so I think (since he's been in prison) that's what the reference is to.

Hien Pham

Vietnamese
    Thank you pob14 and kentix. Before asking for your help, I did look up on Urban dictionary but not sure for that context.
    Now, I understand it.

< Previous | Next >