A little bit of you

CarlitosMS

Spanish - Spain
Hello everybody

I would like to know how to translate this expresion, since the expression "λίγο από σένα" only has 71,000 results.

Context:
I just need a little bit of you to feel better, since I'm feeling lonely.

Kind regards
Carlos M.S.

• larshgf

Danish
    Google translate (sorry!):
    "Χρειάζομαι μόνο λίγα από σας να νιώσετε καλύτερα, αφού αισθάνομαι μοναξιά"

dmtrs

Greek
    I'm not sure I get the meaning of the phrase right, but if what I understand is correct, I would say:

Χρειάζομαι / Μου χρειάζεται κάτι (μικρό) από σένα* για να νιώσω καλύτερα, γιατί νιώθω μοναξιά.

*or: ένα (μικρό) κομμάτι από σένα

Helleno File

English - UK
    Familiar discussion but would "για να νιώθω καλύτερα" be better? Perhaps the singer in what I assume is one of Carlos' songs is in an optimistic frame of mind and is looking for a longer term improvement!

dmtrs

Greek
    would "για να νιώθω καλύτερα" be better?
    Interesting thought, Helleno File, but the choice of tense in the phrase "since I'm feeling lonely" that follows gives the whole sentence a sense of here and now, I think, rather than one of from now on or forever. Am I wrong?

Helleno File

English - UK
    Interesting thought, Helleno File, but the choice of tense in the phrase "since I'm feeling lonely" that follows gives the whole sentence a sense of here and now, I think, rather than one of from now on or forever. Am I wrong?
    There's no right or wrong and both are arguable. Greek offers two possibilites which English leaves unstated.

Andrious

Χρειάζομαι / Μου χρειάζεται κάτι (μικρό) από σένα* για να νιώσω καλύτερα, γιατί νιώθω μοναξιά.

*or: ένα (μικρό) κομμάτι από σένα
    I´d choose the second one, since the first one may imply a small gift.

< Previous | Next >