A little bit pregnant

LordRoderick

Spanish - Argentina
Hi everybody, this is my first post.

I just read a Dilbert strip where someone wants to get a client a "little bit pregnant", and Dilbert says that's an American saying.

Does anyone know what that means?

Cheers,

LordRoderick

• oliviaF

Spanish-España-Madrid
    Un poquito embarazada???, desde luego en español suena muy cómico si esque significa eso...
    Espera a ver qué dicen los demás..

Saludos

LordRoderick

Spanish - Argentina
    The joke of the comic strip is that the boss asks a clerk that is a foreigner to get one of his client "a little bit pregnant", and as he does not know that idiom, he wants to make a baby with the client's representative :)

I want to know what that clerk shoulded know to avoid such embarrasing situation.

oliviaF

Spanish-España-Madrid
    Lo siento, si significa algo más que lo literal no tengo ni idea de qué...a ver si nos lo aclara alguien porque yo tengo mucha curiosidad jejeje :)

borgonyon

Mexican Spanish
    He's asking him to do something that cannot be done. He's pulling his leg. Like asking him to turn off the sun. Because there's no way to be [or get someone] a little bit pregnant!

[Hey, but there's that line in the move The Truman Show: Cue the sun!]

Reina140

Banned
    USA--English
    I want to know what that clerk shoulded SHOULD HAVE knowN to avoid such embarrasSing situation.[/quote]

Just a couple corrections.;)

oliviaF

Spanish-España-Madrid
    He's asking him to do something that cannot be done. He's pulling his leg. Like asking him to turn off the sun. Because there's no way to be [or get someone] a little bit pregnant!

[Hey, but there's that line in the move The Truman Show: Cue the sun!]
    Gracias por la aclaración! :D

< Previous | Next >