a little experience

delphix

italiano
Hello everyone , on my Deutsch book "ein bisschen" and "ein wenig" mean the same thing ( a bit / a little bit ) .

I used "ein bisschen" in this sentence :

Fahrpraxis mit Transporter und ein bisschen / neuling mit Anhänger .

I want to say :

Driving experience with vans and a bit in driving van with trailer .

I added "neuling" because I'm not sure if "ein bisschen" itself can give the idea of " a beginner " in driving a van with trailer .

Would you use "ein bisschen" or "ein wenig" ( or none of them ) in that sentence ?

Thanks again ...... :thumbsup:

• Lhost Vokus

German
    You can use "ein bisschen" and "ein wenig".

"Ich habe ein bisschen/ein wenig Fahrpraxis mit Transportern, aber keine beim Fahren mit Anhängern." A "Neuling" is someone with "ein bisschen/ein wenig Fahrpraxis", so I wrote "keine" to make the difference.

But in this way you say it to friends or parents. In a job interview don't use "ein bisschen/ein wenig", better for example in this way: "Ich habe erste Fahrpraxis mit Transportern, beim Fahren mit Anhängern bin ich noch Neuling."

delphix

italiano
    But I have experience with Transportern and I also have a bit of experience with Anhängern ..

So , from your answer @Lhost Vokus , I could say : " Ich habe Fahrpraxis mit Transportern , beim Fahren mit Anhängern bin ich noch Neuling."

I don't like very much the term Neuling , are there some more "professional" words ?

I have used Anhängern for few months .. Neuling sounds like I have used it just few times .. or maybe I'm wrong .

Frieder

Don't hide your light under a bushel ;): "Ich habe Fahrpraxis mit Kleintransportern. Fahrten mit Anhängern habe ich bereits mehrfach erfolgreich durchgeführt."

Lhost Vokus

German
    When you have used Anhängern for few months "Neuling" indeed is the wrong term. Then Frieders suggestion is the better way.
    If you really used Anhänger daily or weekly, then "Fahrten mit Anhänger gehören seit n {=number of months} Monaten zu meinem Arbeitsalltag" is a good sentence.

delphix

italiano
    Don't hide your light under a bushel ;): "Ich habe Fahrpraxis mit Kleintransportern. Fahrten mit Anhängern habe ich bereits mehrfach erfolgreich durchgeführt."
    When you have used Anhängern for few months "Neuling" indeed is the wrong term. Then Frieders suggestion is the better way.
    If you really used Anhänger daily or weekly, then "Fahrten mit Anhänger gehören seit n {=number of months} Monaten zu meinem Arbeitsalltag" is a good sentence.
    Thank you guys , I have to choose one of this two sentences .
    Anfänger was another word that I've considered but , as you are telling me .. means first experience which isn't my case .

< Previous | Next >