A lo largo de los partidos

Xusto

Castellano-Català-Galego
Hi there! I have a doubt that I'd like to discuss. My doubt is about the word over. Can I say "He improved over the last 4 games" in the sense of " El mejoró a lo largo de las últimas cuatro partidas" I've seen many times "over the years" so I suppose that "over the last 4 games" may be correct as well. Thanks beforehand.

• kayokid

English, USA
    Hi there! I have a doubt [question] that I'd like to discuss [ask]. My doubt [question] is about the word over. Can I say "He improved over the last 4 games" :tick: in the sense of " El mejoró a lo largo de las últimas cuatro partidas" I've seen many times "over the years" :thumbsup: so I suppose that "over the last 4 games" :thumbsup: may be correct as well. Thanks beforehand in advance.
    I hope you will not mind a few minor corrections/suggestions that will make your English flow a bit smoother...

NOTE: 'Over the matches' doesn't sound quite right to me, but I can't say why... I would say: Throughout the match/series/tournament

Cpt. Sqweky

U.S.A., English
    "Over the last four games" is fine, but my preference would be "over the course of the last four games". Just sounds more natural to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if others disagree.

< Previous | Next >