a logically developed body with clear points and good supporting arguments

bamboo--tw

ROC/Mandarin
The structure of a well-written essay should include at least an introduction, a logically developed body with clear points and good supporting arguments, and a conclusion.

Hi,

Is it better to reword the bolded part as "a logically developed body with clear and good supporting arguments?" Thank you.

• bamboo--tw

ROC/Mandarin
    Thanks Teddy.

But doesn't "points" and "arguments" in the base sentence amount to each, and therefore aren't they redundant?

se16teddy

English - England
    In this context, I suppose that each point is supported by good arguments explaining why the author believes the point is true and worth making. A point is a simple statement of what you think is true; an argument justifies why you think the point is true and / or relevant.

bamboo--tw

ROC/Mandarin
    In this context, I suppose that each point is supported by good arguments explaining why the author believes the point is true and worth making. A point is a simple statement of what you think is true; an argument justifies why you think the point is true and relevant.
    Thanks, Teddy.
    I think i get it now. Arguments in the base sentence is close to "reasons" in meaning, right?

< Previous | Next >