A los vaqueros les gusta montar a caballo.

jass6

USA - English
I'm trying to convey the meaning "The cowboys like to ride the horses." I'm not sure if "les" is required, or if "los" should be used rather than "a." Any help would be appreciated.

• diegodbs

Spain-Spanish
    jass6 said:
    I'm trying to convey the meaning "The cowboys like to ride the horses." I'm not sure if "les" is required, or if "los" should be used rather than "a." Any help would be appreciated.
    A los vaqueros les gusta montar a caballo. (Es la única manera posible de decirlo)

jass6

USA - English
    But this wouldn't apply in all cases, would it? Wouldn't "Preparan almohazar los caballos" be an acceptable way to say "They prepare to groom the horses"?

Ilmo

Member Emeritus
    jass6 said:
    But this wouldn't apply in all cases, would it? Wouldn't "Preparan almohazar los caballos" be an acceptable way to say "They prepare to groom the horses"?
    Jass6, Diegodbs meant that if you want to use the verb like, then the only way to express it in Spanish is the way he put it, that is "montar a caballo" is the thing that "pleases" the cowboys. The Spanish have some kind of custom to say it the other way round.

< Previous | Next >