a make up plan

nayyan

French
See below the dialog:

i'm calling you with a make up plan.
-oh! are you now ?
-i am. How would you like to see what really happens at a fashion shoot ?

what is a "make up plan" ? How would you translate it in French ?
Thanks

• Wunibald

English
    In any other context I would have thought a make up plan would be something like un plan de rattrapage, but in the context of fashion, I suppose that make up here is maquillage.
    Un plan de maquillage? (it does sound strange in English too).

butch from waco

France // French
    Can't it mean something like: "hey my girl friend, I now we've been fighting a lot recently and I'd really like to make up with you... I'm pretty sure you would like to go and see a real fashion shoot so we can spend some good time together like we used to"...
    It's the way I understand it... some more context could help though!!

bbip

English GB
    I tend to agree with butch... the second speaker sounds slightly angry in the response as if the two have had a falling out, and "How would you like to see what really happens at a fashion shoot?" makes it seem that they have not been to a fashion shoot before and this is an attempt to "make up."
    Just trying to do my best to guess at the context...

nayyan

French
    actually the girl couldn't make it to their movie plan so she suggested him a "make up plan". Through your explanations now i understand the exact meaning. in French we would express this idea quite differently. "un plan de rattrapage" would sound "strangely" in such a context.

midiweb

Berlin, Germany
    Hi there,

who knows what a "make-up fraction" is, in a medical software ?

What could be the french translation ? une fraction de compensation, de couverture ??

Autogenerated make-up fraction created
    You are about to delete a treatment fraction. Do you want to delete a treatment fraction selected?|Yes|No

Regards,
    MD

< Previous | Next >