a mentioned on figures

bootislands

Chinese (Mandarin)
Context:
Let’s describe in more detail these two sub-problems (we’ll see that both of them are solved in ECMAScript using a mentioned on figures [[Scope]] property of a function).
picking from here

I'm curious about why this is syntactically correct. using a what? [[Scope]] property? So is 'mentioned on figures' an attribute of '[[Scope]] property'? The whole sentence is equivalent to 'using a [[Scope]] property of a function, which mentioned on figures', right? If so, this is a little strange expression for me...

• entangledbank

English - South-East England
    You have the correct translation, I think, but the original is wrong. We can't use 'a mentioned' or 'mentioned on figures' in front of another phrase like that. They can in German, and possibly in the author's native Russian, but not English.

bootislands

Chinese (Mandarin)
    You have the correct translation, I think, but the original is wrong. We can't use 'a mentioned' or 'mentioned on figures' in front of another phrase like that. They can in German, and possibly in the author's native Russian, but not English.
    Oh, I didn't realize he is Russian, thought he is native English speaker. Thanks entangledbank for your teaching!

< Previous | Next >