a more balanced system of world powers

flami1980

Italian - Italy
Hi everybody,

I'm having some troubles with a sentence. Which one of the following two is correct in your opinion?

"I therefore improved my knowledge of the institutional side of the United Nations and its effort for a more balanced system of world powers, based on peace and international security"

"I therefore improved my knowledge of the institutional side of the United Nations and its effort for a stronger balance-of-power system, based on peace and international security"

Could you please tell me if there are mistakes?

Thank you!

• london calling

UK English
    Welcome.:)

We don't do proofreading of entire sentences and we don't re-write them either. We will be happy to help if you tell us which particular part of the sentence is causing you problems.;)

flami1980

Italian - Italy
    Oh sorry.

The part is causing me problems is "its effort for a more balanced system of world powers". I don't know if it is correct or if it is better to say "its effort for a stronger balance-of-power system".

Could you then please confirm me that the form "its effort FOR a stronger..." is correct?

flami1980

Italian - Italy
    Yes, now it's perfect! Thank you.

So it sounds like "its efforts to create a more balanced system of world powers" or would you prefer "its efforts to create a more balanced system of world powers" or "its efforts to create a stronger balance-of-power system"?

< Previous | Next >