a more profound mutual knowledge

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
Hi, I would like to please ask you if the expression in bold is correct in the following:
First of all, I will spend time to get to know these new colleagues, their talents, skills and strengths and I will encourage them to do the same. I believe that a more profound mutual knowledge will help every member of the teams involved in the project to harness their abilities and more effectively manage the workload.

• lingobingo

English - England
    It makes sense, yes.

What doesn’t (if you think about it) is “I will spend time to get to know these new colleagues – and I will encourage them to do the same”. :D

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    It makes sense, yes.

What doesn’t (if you think about it) is “I will spend time to get to know these new colleagues – and I will encourage them to do the same”. :D
    Hi lingobingo, and thank you for your reply. What do you mean with: What doesn’t (if you think about it) is “I will spend time to get to know these new colleagues – and ...?

lingobingo

English - England
    I will spend time to get to know these new colleagues – and I will encourage them to do the same get to to know these new colleagues

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    I will spend time to get to know these new colleagues – and I will encourage them to do the same get to to know these new colleagues
    Sorry, lingobingo, I meant something different: I will spend time to get to know these new colleagues – and I will encourage them (these new colleagues) to do the same (with me) (that is, to get to know me). What do you think?

lingobingo

English - England
    Yes, if you add “with me” it removes the ambiguity. Or you could just say you’ll encourage them to reciprocate.

< Previous | Next >