A most important event

k_georgiadis

English (AE)
Here's what I am trying to translate:

One of the most important events of the recent years has been the reunion with my childhood friends, with whom I had lost all contact for over 40 years.

And here is my stilted attempt:

Uno di più importanti avvenimenti degli ultimi anni è stata la riunione con i miei amici d'infanzia, con quelli avevo perduto (perso?) tutti i contatti per più di quarant'anni.

Probably too literal to sound real Italian!

• fox71

Italian
    k_georgiadis said:

One of the most important events of the recent years has been the reunion with my childhood friends, with whom I had lost all contact for over 40 years.

Uno di più importanti avvenimenti degli ultimi anni è stata la riunione con i miei amici d'infanzia, con quelli avevo perduto (perso?) tutti i contatti per più di quarant'anni.

UNO DEI PIU' ...(NON "UNO DI PIU IMPORTANTI)
    CON I QUALI (NON CON QUELLI)

ADESSO E' OK

Paulfromitaly

Italian
    k_georgiadis said:

Uno di più importanti avvenimenti degli ultimi anni è stata la rimpatriata con i miei amici d'infanzia, con i quali avevo perso tutti i contatti per più di quarant'anni.

both perduto and perso are ok

Lil_Star

Italian - Italy
    I would also turn "la riunione" into "il ritrovo". I think it's more appropriate in this case.

victoria luz

italy
    Just a very tiny thing:

For in the duration form often translates da in Italian.

Friends I have lost all contact with for over 40 years
    Amici con i quali ho perso ogni contatto da oltre 40 anni

k_georgiadis

English (AE)
    Thank you very much Victoria Luz. If I didn't have trouble with verb conjugation, prepositions, partitives and pronouns, my Italian wouldn't be all that bad! :)

< Previous | Next >